Friday, May 6, 2011

Then The Shoe Dropped

I went into the office on Monday all set to get going on a few big projects. I worked on them all day Monday through an awkward silence between the owner (my boss) and my co-worker and I. I didn't think too much of it. I chalked it up to him being nervous about the dip in sales we have had over the last 30 days or so. At 5:30 I packed up, went home and had dinner with the family. The next morning I went into work and my coworker wasn't there yet. That was a HUGE red flag. She usually beats me into the office. Within 10 minutes I was back out the door with a severance package and a lay off. What exactly does it mean that I have been laid off from the last two jobs I've had. Probably nothing....I was at KMG for 5 years and there was nothing they could do and no where for me to go and that worked out great. I spent all winter and the spring getting ready for the move to Utah and the State of Michigan helped pay for that. But this time, wow. I was there for 8 months. It was a cool gig. I got to go to Broadway shows, time off when needed, I got to work from home on the weekends, it was great. Then our sales dropped and I was expendable. Oh well, it really doesn't bother me too much, just really bites when your plans aren't what God has in store for you. Sometimes I wish he would lend us his vision for our lives. I'd want to see what the next step is. Where do I go from here? I've toyed with opening a daycare so I can stay home with the boys while they grow up a little more but then I think that I'd still like to work...at this point I have time. Time to think about where to go next and what's really important.

No comments:

Post a Comment