Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rileigh's Room

Being unemployed does have some benefits. We have lived in our new home for 8 months now and Rileigh's room has remained untouched. With both Chad and I working we just never had the time. Since my future was freed up, so were my time constraints. I gave Rileigh an ultimatum. I would do some "changes" to her room if she faithfully kept it clean and I would paint it if she kept it clean for 4 weeks. So I began the minor changes today. She had a built in desk that was painted white and it got dirty if you merely looked at it wrong. I wish I had taken some "before" photos. I decided to use some of my hidden stash of scrapbook paper and decoupage her desk top. To finish it off I covered it with Plexiglas...
(FYI the little nightstand below is my next "project" It started out antique white with yellow accents...results coming soon!)

Then above her desk is 4 shelves. Over the last 8 months it has been a source of frustration for both of us. She wants to pile junk up there and I just want it organized. Since I am the Miva. I won.



I shouldn't be so hard on her... or well... yes I should. I can remember my room as a kid. Boy was it a mess. ALWAYS! My closet was my "dump and shut"! Because I could DUMP the things I wanted to get ride of, hide or lose and then SHUT the door. Well Rileigh doesn't have that luxury. :)

So the baskets have her shoes. Each one is a different type (play, dress, sandals).
Since she has no closet doors I think it will be easier to keep a handle on her room :) and a handle on my sanity.

Next up is Ethan's room.... I'll try to take some "before" photos :)



No comments:

Post a Comment