Sunday, April 29, 2012
Join the Arby’s Extras club to get deals and coupons texted and/or emailed to you. Clickhere to join.
Get $10 off your $20 online order when you make an online account here. (Expires 6/30/12)
Buy one 6 inch sub, get one 6 inch sub free (Facebook)
Free Kids meal with adult entree purchased (4/28 Only after 4 p.m.)
Bonefish Grill has Bang Wednesdays when you can get Bang Bang Shrimp for just $5.00.
Go here and sign up to receive emails and special offers from Bonefish Grill.
Kids eat free with adult entree and drink purchase (Expires 5/22)
Bravo! Italian Cucina
Free appetizer coupon when you sign up for the email club (Coupon expires in one month)
Brio Tuscan Grill
Sign up for the Brio e-club for a coupon via email for a free Bruschetta Quattro with the purchase of an entrée (Coupon expires in one month)
Sign up for the email club and get a $5 off $20 purchase coupon (Good for 2 weeks)
Get a free appetizer when visit the Chili’s bar with 2 or more friends, up to $5 in value with this coupon (Expires 5/30)
Sign up for the Dunkin’ Perks club for a free medium iced or hot coffee, tea or latte, hot chocolate or Coolata®
Flat Top Grill
See if you qualify to get a free appetizer printable coupon via email when you sign uphere
Great American Cookie
Print a coupon for B3G1 FREE Domino Cookies, (Expires 5/4)
Sign up for the Konavore Club and receive a coupon via email within 24 hours for a free sushi roll or appetizer with purchase of the same (Coupon expires in one month)
Enter to win a Maggiano’s Dinner Party For 20 and you will receive a coupon for a FREE Flatbread upon entering (Expires 4/30/12)
Free Appetizer with entree purchase when you “like” their Facebook page (will email within 7 days)
Free Appetizer or Dessert with the purchase of 2 Adult Entrees, valid through 5/27!
Pilot and Flying J
Free hot beverage coupon (coffee, tea, cappuccino, or hot chocolate) (Expires 5/31)
Sign up for the Warrior Club here to get a free order of Lettuce Wraps on your next visit (Expires 12/31/12)
$10 off $20 Food & Drink Purchase (Expires 6/30/2012)
Buy a sub and a drink, get a sub free (Facebook)
Join So Connected Club for a Buy one entree, get one Free entree coupon (Expires 2 weeks after print)
$5 off $15 purchase (expires 4/29)
Free 6″ sandwich when you buy another at greater or equal value (Good through April)
$5 Off $15 Purchase (Expires 6/30/2012)
Homemade Frozen Pizza (Does that defeat the purpose...nah!)
Yield: 3 (9-inch) pizzas
Total Time: 24 hours
2 1/4 cups bread flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon whole fennel seed
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
7/8 cup (7 ounces) cold water
Cornmeal, for dusting
Stir together the flour, salt, and instant yeast in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the oil and the cold water and stir on low speed until the flour is all absorbed. Switch to the dough hook and mix on medium speed for 5 to 7 minutes, or as long as it takes to create a smooth, sticky dough. The dough should clear the sides of the bowl but stick to the bottom of the bowl. The finished dough will be springy, elastic, and sticky, not just tacky.
Transfer the dough to floured work surface. Lightly oil a baking dish or platter. Cut the dough into 3 equal pieces, and gently shape each piece into a ball. Arrange the dough balls on the prepared dish.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. At this point the dough balls can also be frozen; simply wrap each ball individually in plastic wrap and place inside a zippered freezer bag. Transfer to the refrigerator the day before you plan on baking them.
Remove dough from refrigerator and let rise at room temperature for 2 hours.
At least 45 minutes before making the pizza, place a baking stone either on a rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F, allowing the baking stone to heat for at least 30 minutes.
On a lightly floured work surface, gently press and stretch the dough into disks about 9 inches in diameter. Generously dust a peel or the back of a sheet pan with semolina flour or cornmeal. Lay the stretched dough on the peel or pan, making sure there is enough semolina flour or cornmeal so it doesn’t stick. Gently slide the crust on to the hot stone (or bake directly on a sheet pan). Bake until crust just starts to puff, about 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough balls.
Once crusts are cooled, arrange them on a baking sheet that has been lightly dusted with cornmeal. Top with desired toppings. Place pizzas in the freezer, uncovered, until completely frozen, 4-6 hours, then wrap in a double layer of plastic wrap and place inside a large zip-top freezer bag, removing as much air as possible. I also found that using a 9-inch cake round covered in foil worked well as a sturdy base for the pizza.
To bake, preheat oven to 425ºF. Transfer frozen pizza to a pizza pan or baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly and starts to brown.
Posted by Miva Mommy at 7:12 PM
I have been after my husband for years to find a hobby.
I had a few things in mind.... Maybe model aircraft, fishing, hunting or even paint balling.
Did he pick one of those? Nope. He came home one day in February and said, "What do you think about getting free eggs?"...the coupon clipper in me was so very egg-cited! (tee-hee) Until I realized he meant he wanted to raise chickens as a hobby!
So on March 4th we went to our local farm store and bought these cuties....
This one is Ms. Grumpy....
They were this cute for about 2 days. Then they started turning into chickens! So we bought a coop!
Griffin, our youngest LOVES these chickens. He calls them "FLUFFIES!"
Today we went outside and we had a very serious situation!
We had a depressed chicken... ready to JUMP!
Posted by Miva Mommy at 7:00 PM
Today I made the best lettuce wraps I have ever eaten... I am quite certain that I have hacked the P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wrap Recipe!!!
And here is is for all of you to share and enjoy!
Recipe for dipping and pouring sauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or gluten free tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup or canned tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
Recipe for stir-fry sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or gluten free tamari
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (not packed tightly)
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
Recipe for stir-fried chicken
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon nice dijon mustard (use the good stuff, it will make a difference)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into half-inch cubes”
- 1 – 8oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained and minced
- 1/2 cup minced mushrooms (minced to the same size as the water chestnuts)
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 large leaves of iceberg lettuce
Making the Pouring Sauce:
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar in 1/2 cup hot water. Blend in soy sauce or tamari, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and dark sesame oil. Mix well and set aside in the refrigerator until the rest of the dish is ready.
Making the Stir-Fry Sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce or tamari, brown sugar, and rice vinegar. Mix well and set aside.
Making the Stir-Fried Chicken:
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon hot water, dijon mustard and minced garlic and set this aside.
- In a wok or large frying pan over high heat, combine olive oil and sesame oil. Heat until it shimmers, about one minute. Add chicken chunks and stir fry until entirely cooked through, about five minutes. Remove from the chicken pan and allow to cool, but reserve the oil in the wok or pan, keeping it hot over a low flame.
- Take the pan or wok that you cooked the chicken in (with the still warming oil) and turn it up to medium-high heat. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, wait one minute, and then add the garlic, onions, water chestnuts, mushrooms, cooked chicken, and the stir-fry sauce. Cook everything, stirring constantly, until the mushrooms have cooked through and are tender, about four minutes. Remove from pan and place in a serving dish.
- Add mustard/garlic mixture that you set aside to the pouring sauce, 1/2 a teaspoon at time to taste.
- Serve the entire lettuce wrap recipe in a nice, big serving tray, complete with stir-fry and iceberg lettuce leaves, and pouring sauce in small bowls. Wrap the stir-fry in lettuce leaves, then top with pouring sauce.