Monday, May 23, 2011

Beef Shish Kabobs and Grilled Bananas!

Today went fast. Between Doctor's appointments, grocery shopping, planting and yard work there wasn't much day left :) As I was prepping dinner I was kind of wishing I had planned a crock meal today. But when I was eating dinner I was glad to have made this. 

Beef Shish Kabobs


Depending on the cut of beef you decide to use you may need to marinate longer or less... the tougher the cut the longer you marinade.

I used new york strip steaks. ONLY because they were on sale for an insanely ridiculous price. Otherwise I would have used a chuck roast....

The Marinade:


1c Soy Sauce
1/2c Red Wine Vinegar
1/2c Water
1/2c Vegetable Oil
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Minced Garlic

Cube your beef into 2 inch cubes and place into a ziploc bag, add marinade and toss into the fridge. With NY Strip I only had it in there for 2 hours and it was beyond perfect.

Fresh Veggies:


Red Pepper - Cut into 1 inch squares
Orange Pepper - Cut into 1 inch squares
Yellow Pepper - Cut into 1 inch squares
Red Onion - Cut in half then in quarter wedges
Whole Mushrooms
Zucchini- Slice in 1/2 inch rounds

Assemble!


Grill... I use a gas grill. All burners were on and set to med-high. I used vegetable oil on the grates.


Chad and I like our steaks Med-Well. That took about 8 minutes or so on each side. We served it with brown rice.


After cleaning and getting all the kiddos to bed, it was time to try our hand at a new dessert!

BBQ Bananas!

What you say?! That's absurd!?!

Don't knock it till you try it!!!

Here's what you need for this delicious yumminess!


4 Bananas (or more)
1 T of Lemon Juice (I was out and used OJ, No taste difference)
1c Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Vanilla Ice Cream
Preheat grill for low heat.

Halve each of the bananas lengthwise, then width wise. 

Sprinkle bananas with lemon juice.

 In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
 Roll banana pieces in sugar/cinnamon mixture until well coated.

Since this can make a huge mess of your grill I would recommend using a aluminum tray or just loosely wrap them in tin foil.
Arrange bananas on preheated grill, and cook for 3 minutes per side.
 Serve in a bowl with vanilla ice cream topped with a sprinkling of remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture.



This was the most delicious desert I have had in a very long time. Everyone wanted more!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment