Monday, May 16, 2011

Rileigh's Night Stand and a YUMMY Dinner!

This has been a project for almost three years! I started it when I was home in Michigan just after Parker was born...then life got busy, I forgot about it and it ended up in the garage! I truly wish I would have taken "before" photos of this. Words cannot describe how horrifyingly ugly this piece was before I painted it. This is just one similar to it: (FYI, I have no idea why it's uploading sideways!)

 At least now you can stand to look at it! It was ivory and gold and just so icky! But I knew I could do something with it so when Chad's parents gave it to us I think Chad thought I was having a stroke when I said we wanted it!

So, after years of neglect, this is finally finished :) I am one happy momma!

Bravery struck me today. I wanted to try a new recipe and lately I have been a rather huge fan of the Philadelphia Cooking Cremes.... I made a HUGE pot pie and it was delish!
If you have a large family or a church gathering this is PERFECT!

Ingredients:
2 Cans Peas
2 Cans Corn
2 Can Sliced Carrots
2 Packs of Pillsbury Pie Dough
4 Cups Cooked Cubed Chicken Breast (I suppose it would be just as good with Turkey!)
2 Tubs of Philly Cooking Cream in "Savory Garlic"

In a 9X13 glass baking pan piece 2 of the pie shells and bake them at 375 degrees until LIGHT golden brown. Set aside the remaining two shells, those will serve as your top.

Meanwhile warm your chicken and cooking creme in a large skillet. Slowly fold in your veggies. Once your bottom crust has baked add your filling and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.

Cover by piecing remaining two pie pastries. Pierce a few times to let the steam escape.

Place in 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes until little bubbles are coming out of the slits.

Let it "rest" for 5 minutes and cut to serve :)


No comments:

Post a Comment